Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ode to Amber

[This is the beginning of a new series of posts I’d like to call “Ode’s.” Anyone whom I particularly feel touched by, who is a close friend or who I generally like will have the chance to have a post dedicated to them. If you think you deserve this privilege, feel free to leave me a comment for your consideration. Let me know why you think you're deserving of a public ass kissing by yours truly. These Ode's will also only occur about once a month because of their special nature, so stay tuned (E.)]



This is for my rock, my study buddy, my beach bum, my other sister, my floor-mate, my best friend. Amber and I met in our first year at Laurier on the same floor in residence. We didn’t become really close friends until later that year because she thought I was snotty and cliquey and I thought she was anti-social and brainy. We are complete opposites. She’s a tall, blonde, super intelligent, super perky sorority girl and business major with perfect grades. I’m not so tall, brunette, street smart, a dancer and psychology major with average grades. Amber is the most social person I’ve ever met, and knows more people at our school than she can count. We became best friends the summer of 2004 when she came up to my cottage for a 4-day weekend. Since that weekend we’ve been inseparable and I can’t imagine my life without her in it. We’ve shared so much together. We’ve gone through tears and deaths, boys and break-ups, stress and parties, sweat and exhaustion. We’ve had concerts, bonfires, beaches, bars, travel, ice skating, volleyball, swimming, fireworks, birthdays, anniversaries and formals together. We’ve spooned, we’ve fought, we’ve held each other in the other’s darkest hour and we’ve been there for each other’s greatest moments in life. I would be less of a person if I didn’t know her. She has changed me for the better.

I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em that was so sweet what you said about Amber. You're right, she is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Miss Emily,
I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH TOO! Reading that blog just made my year, i had a tear. You are the best friend a girl could ever have and don't you ever forget it! One of your amazing qualities that you forgot to list that i feel must be mentioned is your elegant writing ability. Em you say what we are all thinking and feeling so perfectly its no wonder people are becoming addicted to your blog. Em i love you and i miss you soooo much. But i will see you this weekend! :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxforever
Love Amber