Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ode to Ryan

Of all the incriminating photos I have of my roommate, this is in the top ten. He is typically tanned, good-looking, happy and intoxicated in this one. As I'm sure he would like you to know, I wont be getting many of this kind of picture anymore. He and a few of our other friends have decided to take the high road for their New Year's resolutions and not drink for a while. Some of us aren't so strong.

Ryan is a break dancer, a lifeguard, a snowboarder, a human furnace and the best boyfriend ever (not mine, of course.) He is one of my favourite people on this planet. He and I met in our first year on the same floor in residence and decided to move in together the following year with four of our other friends. We've become much closer over the time we've been living together, and every day that he's gone I miss him. Which is every day now because he is a brilliant economist and on co-op in a different city for the next few months. (Jerk.)
Ryan is the most kind, loving and affectionate person I have ever met. He's my couch cuddle buddy, my surrogate husband and my dear friend. It's rare to find a kindred spirit, but Ryan is one. I respect him, I admire him and I take his every word to heart. Ryan is a beautiful person in every respect, and those of us who know him know just how lucky we are.
"You're beautiful of the soul and of the face."
(Love ya.)

3 comments:

~Kelly~ said...

Beautiful Post Em!
Ryan is one of those people who, before you met him, you had no clue that something was missing. But after meeting him, you can't imagine life without him.
Although he's gone for now, he'll be back in a couple months. This time spent apart from him makes me treasure those times he is here.
He's always one to give you a hug when you need it, or to make you laugh when you’re down. He genuinely cares about every person he meets.
I miss him too.

MsPatricia said...

I have to agree with you.

I obviously think he's amazing and I find myself constantly counting down until he comes back.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I never thought that I would see words put onto a page about myself like those ones are. The funny thing is that with friends like I have it is not hard to be able to write the same things about them (especially the specific writer of this blog). I don't really know what else to say accept thank you Emily and I miss all of my friends very much, especially the roomies.