Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lingering in the moment, I forget to breathe. Your eyes, my eyes, my hands twisting. Your hands calm and folded on the table. The words we both want to hear are too hard to say, so we are left with little silences between nothing conversations. The music is loud, but the tension is louder.

"I need to say something," you admit.
"What's that?" I say collectedly, my insides flickering in anticipation. Then the moment leaves us. The moment always leaves us.

Holding back is the hardest when you have something to lose.

5 comments:

Jay said...

All moments, all time, is fleeting.

Ticharu said...

Yes

Kiren said...

Dear Miss.Emily,
For you. Just because.


Prohibition Juice

Year of the orphan and loneliness drips intravenously, slowly until I can no longer feel my arms or legs.

I float

and she is the salt that keeps me there.

Kiren said...

Have you learned to drive a stick yet?

Miss.Emily said...

Nope, I have not. I want to take care of all the school work flying out of my ass before I tackle that one. ;)