Friday, February 17, 2006

Just Start the Chase

I have no idea how I managed to live in this house by myself all summer. My roommates are gone one night and I can't stop imagining that people are going to break in, find me and attack me. I'm not supposed to be here, I'm a student and it's reading week. I'm supposed to be off in Cuba sun tanning or something. It doesn't help that our house is the oldest of all student houses. Every creak and murmur is some psycho waiting to pounce. I just took a walk around the whole place with a knife peeking around corners for intruders, if you can believe that. And all summer I managed on my own just fine. Except for the time I locked myself in my room because there was a squirrel the size of a cat in our kitchen, but that's another story.
__________

I love unexpected surprises. Like waking up to a foot of snow and class cancellations. I was supposed to write a midterm and lead a ninety minute seminar on emotion. I wasn't prepared for either. I may have a new faith in God, actually.
__________

"I get you, it's ok."
"No you don't. You just met me."
"Don't worry about it, I just get you."
"How arrogant! You think you get me after the whole two hours we've known each other? You don't think I'm a little bit more complex than that?"
"Apparently not. But don't worry I just get people sometimes."
"Uh huh. I get you too. You think you're the shit because you have a fancy job and Italian leather shoes, when really you don't have a clue about people. Don't think just because you make more money than me that you get me."
"Ok, saucy pants."
__________

Just start the chase, and I'll let you win.
Not until this very moment have I ever pictured my life without him.
I think I'm falling in love.
We need to talk.
You have no idea how much I want you.
I can't believe he slept with her.
Did she say anything else about me?
You aren't who I thought you were.
I'm so happy right now, just kissing you.
I feel like I'm stringing you along and that's not fair.
Let's lay here together forever.

It all flies past, and then you're alone again.
__________

3 comments:

~Kelly~ said...

Hey Emmy!
The house is pretty scary when your alone!! I'm just thankful that you and Tony will be there when I come back!!
Take care of yourself over the break.
P.S. Which boy are you talking about? I'm confused...

Anonymous said...

you seem to have so many...

Miss.Emily said...

Man, what a dramatic life if those were all mine! Some are mine and others are from people I know.