Saturday, February 04, 2006

Anyone here wanna see me naked?

A student asked me today if next year is my last year teaching. I never realized it until she brought it up today. I guess I blocked it out, not wanting to have to think about saying goodbye to my career teaching dance. Next year is the end of an era. Graduation, starting a new field of work and cutting ties with the community centre which will have been my home for five years. I've left my mark of course. I've influenced change and brought new ideas and creativity to the dance program but I don't want to fade into the background. I couldn't handle coming back and not being known. I've worked too hard.
__________

I saw Urinetown, a musical put on by LMT, the other day. It was so well put together, so incredibly well-done and all the actors were so talented, I was blown away. It made me miss my musical days where all we did was rehearse, day and night. I got bruised, I lost my voice too many times to count, I've cried from laughing and from being yelled at by the stage directors. I learned how to dance on a narrow, slanted, moving box, I learned what a camel toe is, and I learned not to date anyone else in the show. Ever. I love theatre people. They're so eccentric, out-going and loud. I forgot that the time commitment is worth the experience. Next year, people. My re-emergence into the theatre world will be witnessed.
__________

Anecdote of the day: My dad met the Foo Fighters. It's sad when you're dad's life is cooler than your own.
__________

The only people who hate Valentine's Day are those who don't have a valentine. I hate Valentine's Day.

My girlfriends and I are going to make dinner that night in the Valentine's Day lingerie we all bought together and try to appreciate the fact that we're all hot even though we have no boys who want see us in our sexy garb. Or who want to see us out of it. And by that I mean see us naked. This is the point where you tell me you want to see me naked. Anyone?

I have never had a valentine. The only person to ever get me roses is my dad (and all those other people at my dance competitions and musicals, of course.) The point is though, no boy has ever bought me flowers and I've never been with one long enough to buy lingerie for on Valentine's Day. I love the stuff and will buy it for myself, but really it's no fun if there's no one around to see you in it.

Again, anyone wanna see me naked? Please?
__________

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Urinetown tooo, it was amazing. As for the nakedness thing... um... erm... *looks around* can I have a bumblebee sticker?

Miss.Emily said...

Haha, Jason, you're hilarious! I live in the same place as I did in the summer. Why, are you gonna try and peek in at our girls lingerie Valentine's Day dinner? 'Cause I might "accidentally" leave the blinds open that night...

Anonymous said...

tease! lol.

MsPatricia said...

i want to see you naked.

and for the record, i hate valentine's day too.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you liked Urinetown! Its too bad you didn't have a time to be a part of it!
Seanna

Kiren said...

jason already said the clever witty remark, so I'll just say the awkward, possibly creepy, one. Um...I'll see you naked only if you want to see me naked.