Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Lately I've been to busy to feel it, but my heart hurts. When I have a minute to sit with myself it pangs me. A dull ache. Loneliness is tangible and uncircumstantial. Anyone can feel it at any point, there's no discrimination between quantity or quality of relationships.

I've never felt this way before.
I never want to stop kissing you.
I want you.
I miss you.
I love you.
I could wake up next to you every day for the rest of my life and be happy.

Every girl has a bank in her memory of all the significant romantic moments in her life. We bank them like little treasures, and when we're feeling lonely we take them out and awe at their prettiness. Usually its a lift, but they all look like empty words to me now. Empty like me. All these boys are gone from my life, and all that's left are words hanging in the air.

In this world there are so many girls and so few princes.

2 comments:

Thought King said...

sometimes a prince is a prince but he's overshadowed by the jesters and the knights (hiding)in steel armour. Sometimes a prince could be a prince but hes scared to be one because he's tried it and the nobody cares that he is. Sometimes a prince gets sidetracked from doing all his princelike things because life spins him on his head until he's dizzy and he forgets who he is.

Basically sometimes a prince just needs some time or some guidance to find his way to who he wants to be.

But these princes do exist. Dont stop looking.

Miss.Emily said...

What happened to 20 year old pessimist Luis!! Did you turn optimistic when you turned 21, cause I sure didn't. And will you PLEASE get your ass in gear with this blog of yours! I can tell you're a skillful writer by the comments you leave all the time, and you leave me wanting more.

Firstly, I appreciate that you believe princes are out there considering you are a boy. Hearing it from you almost made me believe it. Secondly, if a prince really wants something (for instance, a princess) he's not going to let anything get in his way. Including life circumstances, fear and fire-breathing dragons. So, if I'm wrong and a prince suddenly shows up on my door step with flowers and an apology I would gladly concede, but for now I can't believe it. The evidence against their existance is too overwhelming.