Friday, November 25, 2005

This Week

Sometimes when I'm stressed or feeling overwhelmed I'll smoke a cigar by myself. It seems like a silly thing to do, but it gives me the feeling that I'm doing something naughty that no one knows about. I feel like a badass without actually being one and destroying my lungs and other organs. I honestly feel like a rebel when I'm out there on my front porch at 2am by myself with a colts. Its a temporary break from reality, a break from the self that is supposed to be well behaved, hard working and disciplined.
__________

Tell me you need me. Tell me I'm the one. Tell me there's no one like me in your world. Tell me you want me now, and why haven't we done this sooner. Tell me no one compares to me.

I need you.
__________

Everyone gets one day a year where they are reminded of the people who love them. Sometimes we forget that we're deeply loved by more people than just our parents, and that this world would be more grey for them without you in it. Yesterday I received 10 birthday cards, 22 birthday messages, 5 phone calls, jewelry, clothes and the most delicious chocolate fudge birthday cake I've ever tasted. In my birthday selfishness I decided I wanted to go to a Latin salsa club even though none of my friends know how to salsa dance, yet 16 people came and 3 more met up with us there. You know you have friends who love you when they'll dance the Merengue for your birthday.
__________

Snow is my favourite weather. The light changes when it snows and we're reminded that winter isn't just a season, it's a spectrum.
__________

I've proven to myself what I didn't even know was possible. I pulled two all-nighters in a row. Which means within the span of 48hours I slept a total of about 6 hours. The recommended amount of sleep in that span is 16 hours. How is it that I pulled no all-nighters in first or second year, but now every time I have a major assignment due I put it off until my only option is sacrificing sleep to complete it?
__________

"Will you marry me?
"Yes."
"No really, I want to marry you sometime in the future."
"I know."
"Will you marry me next week?"
"Yes."
__________

No comments: