Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'd sleep with you, but I might throw up

I admit that when I drink it's usually a lot and it's usually to run away from my problems. The only fault in this seemingly flawless plan is that my problems instead end up streaming out of me in full force. I feel like the hottest thing around, but really I'm making an ass of myself infront of everyone. Usually this doesn't bother me much because I don't remember half the stupid things I do. But last night I had a revelation after I made my friends victims of my drunkenness. The regrets I have about things my drunk alter-ego said and did overshadowed the fun parts of the night. Does this mean I'm growing out of the habit of drowning my stress in a bottle of whisky? I like having a good time but it's always the same thing... we pre-drink, we go the the bar and drink, then we dance and make fools of ourselves. I know almost every bar in Waterloo inside out. There are other things to do in this city that I want to explore before I leave in a couple years.

3 comments:

Miss.Emily said...

Your title is indeed defended my good friend. Full Spanish sentences, direct complements to my "super hot"-ness and the length of your comment WAY surpasses that of the actual blog! Well done Havi!

-Em

PS, I agree that there is a time and a place for drinking. I love red wine at dinner also, but its when that one glass turns into a bottle. I by no means will stop drinking, because getting silly with your friends every now and then is a blast. It's when drinking is the only thing we do together... thats where I have issues. Lets find something else to do, shall we?

PPS, You are a sexy Spanish man. When are we going to make that appointment? I want some Latin lovin'!

Anonymous said...

Y Que Calor!!!


Quite the reply!


I totally understand your predicament... i find myself asking 'what the hell' as i realize we are getting older after nights as such. then i think about all those stories that ill forever remember and never tell my children.

So basically Em, i feel ya, but i think that you are A-OK in my books. While its great to experience all aspects of a city/experience, dont be regretting what you have done so far (sober or not) , it will prove to be more valuable than you know.

Save some vino for Thursday!

Usted es una estrella (or something like that)....

*Lay

powderslider said...

You know the bars inside out?...have you ever been to the UWO library? Bet there are corners there you have never seen...Is that a "parent" thing to say? Love...dad