Friday, March 10, 2006

Just when you make me think one thing...

I gave up chocolate for lent, which is funny considering I already gave it up as a new year's resolution. So yes my puppies, that resolution failed miserably. The resolution failed, but I'm on day 10 of lent and doing ok. I'm not doing great. Oh, no. I haven't had a single chip of chocolate for 10 days which is good, but I'm miserable. When I look back, I'd eat it at least once a day. I know, I'm an addict in it's true form. I crave it too, especially when I'm stressed. I hate being dependent like that, so I gave it up. We'll see how long before I crack. I'll keep you posted.
__________

10 Things I hate about whatever:
1) Commercials. Even the funny ones, I mute them all.
2) Girls that don't know how to run. It's not rocket science ladies, take some lessons before you kill yourself with those flailing arms.
3) Simple Plan. No explanation needed.
4) Fast cars. What's the point? You're driving in the city, where the limit is 50 everywhere. Are you going to speed in between all those red lights? Woo hoo! This is really fu... ok it's over.
5) High heels. We all know men invented them. On second thought, this is a love/hate relationship.
6) People. You all suck. Actually, this is a love/hate relationship too.
7) Fat sweaty people that try to hug you. Don't ask.
8) Furry boots. You aren't in the arctic ladies, what's with those baby seals on your feet?
9) Bad singers. Shut the hell up, you sound like crap.
10) I can't think of another one. You can tell me what I've missed.
__________

Just when you make me think one thing...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, ive got a beef with 8 of 10 of your hates.
#1- Commercials.. soo funny especially when they make animals talk. plus its my future career field so crank that volume up.
#2- I think its funny when people run and flail their arms... keep amusing me girls, lessons unneccesary
#3- agree with you on this one! I failed a test, and my dog got hit by a car, so im going to take my mom's minivan out and show the world some serious teen angst. Bologna.
#4- What they lack in skill they make up for in speed. Let the poor guys have their suped up civics, its all theyve got!
#5- High heels are sexy and should be worn as often as possible. There is no better improvement to jeans,a plain shirt and a ponytail then a pair of heels. We dont all have mile long legs.
#6- I love people.
#7- thats not nice. some people cant help it. maybe they need more hugs.
#8 - I hate eskimo boots also! woot woot!
#9 - on behalf of all the tonedeaf out there... we have a right to belt it out. We are worthy of having our voices heard. They may not be wonderful but its fun. Im going to keep singing all the time.
#10 - I cant help ya here.

Sorry for having to dispute your list of hates but it had to be done. But you still rock. A LOT!

MsPatricia said...

it's amazing how frustrating the world can be. people always used to get offended and mad when i would say that i hated people. honestly, the human race is a bunch of idiots, and i will never ever understand how they can be so stupid.

but i am going to disagree with one of your hates: high heels.

i love shoes, i love everything about them. i love high heels, flats, kitten heels, i love all of them. but i have to say that high heels are quite possibl one of the sexiest things for me... shoes are my chocolate for you.

there is nothing better than a fantastic pair of shoes with a plain outfit. and a fantastic pair of high heels with jeans and a t-shirt... love it. love it.

Jay said...

I like my flailing arms.

Miss.Emily said...

Haha, Alayna I love you! You do make some compelling arguments. And Trish, with the high heels, that's what I meant about a love/hate relationship. They're sexy, I love 'em and wear them where ever possible but at the end of the night when my feet look like raw meat, I'm cursing the man who thought of the damned idea.

Love you all!!

Jenna <3 said...

oh god emily, you are truly hillarious. I am in the library reading this list of yours and I'm laughing out loud with no shame, because you are just funny as hell. Oh I miss you.

Jenna <3 said...

eat chocolate you fool. you only live once! lol :P