Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"You're very introspective, aren't you?"
"I suppose. Is that a bad thing?"
"No. I wish I knew myself as well as you do."

I love his skin next to my skin, both sunkissed and warm. My eyes shine green in the sun, and flash when I look into his.

"Tell me a story."
"I met this girl once. We hit it off right away and then I proposed, but she thought it was just a joke. That was the day my heart died."
"Tell me a true story."
"I like you."

And I like him. The beginning is always the best part, discovering each other and trying to fit the pieces together. I'm scared, but I like it.

"Can I tell you a secret?"
"Of course."
"Sometimes I keeps secrets that I shouldn't. I'm overly secretive."
"Well I'm underly secretive, so we'll get along great."

A hopeful girl and a courageous boy. Is there anything better?

3 comments:

MsPatricia said...

Who is this boy you speak of Em?!
So curious!

~Kelly~ said...

I think your making it up!
Who had secrets like that??? Only somebody who has something to hide

Miss.Emily said...

Then maybe I do have something to hide.