Monday, July 03, 2006

Passion

I am a romantic. Not hopeless, but hopeful. It's taken me up until now to realize that not everyone is looking for love and not everyone hopes they'll be swept off their feet one day.

A hopeful romantic sees beauty in the mundane. There are so many lovely things around us that sometimes it's almost too overwhelming. Most people don't know how to pause and take it all in. Everyone is so focused on the big things that no one takes notice of the little things anymore.

A hopeful romantic has confidence. Even through adversity, hard times and heartbreak, there is still that reassuring voice inside saying it will all work out in the end. There is a reason for everything and everyday that passes gets us closer to whatever it is we're living for. One day we'll look back on everything and say, "Ah, it all makes sense now."

A hopeful romantic aspires. There is so much to learn and see. We want to become better people and explore what the earth has to offer.

I am a romantic. I love looking at the stars, I like holding hands with my friends in the park, I smile at strangers, I cry at old movies and I take long walks through unexplored pieces of the world by myself. Some people call it hopeless romance. I call it passion.

And I do still hope to be swept off my feet one day.

3 comments:

RSS Spirit Combine said...

the heart (those who still have them) is ferocious albeit lonely hunter.

Jay said...

Romance is just so impractical.

Anonymous said...

hey love - was catching up with your blog & this post just stopped me. nutshell. you, me. this is why our dates are so wonderful!

you are so beautiful - and your writing still stuns me. :)

hopefully see you on Wednesday in a salsa fiesta! xoxo