Thursday, July 06, 2006

Absolument Rien

1) The rhinos were boning today, woo hoo! The safari has had them for eight years and no babies yet. Apparently it's hard to mate rhinos because the female has a weird reproductive cycle or something, but they were mounting today. Mack's boner is so huge, it looks like a fifth leg.

2) I've unconsciously conditioned myself to puke at just the smell of McDonalds, it disgusts me that much. I can't even go into a McD's anymore.

3) I've been walking a lot lately. Nothing can clear my head like a nice long walk through the park.

4) I had a date the other night, and I haven't had so much fun in a long time. We had dinner and didn't even realize the restaurant was closing around us as we were sitting there laughing and talking. Sometimes you just need to be reminded that there are still people out there you can connect with.

5) My favourite food changes every week. This week it's nectarines, mmmmm.

6) At a job where you're talking constantly and all day there are bound to be some verbal slip-ups. Today's top safari slip-up: Apparently giraffe are the fastest animals on earth and have a calf once every 25 years. Oops.

7) I want to write another Ode soon, and I can't choose who I wanna dedicate it to. Think you're good enough?? Send me a comment with an explanation as to why you deserve a post in your honour (and some ass kissing wouldn't hurt either.)

5 comments:

MsPatricia said...

Emily!
Good blog, I like the random blogs that everyone writes about just stuff that has happened lately.

As for the Ode blog, why it should be me! And why?
Because I'm just THAT awesome.
Kidding.

RSS Spirit Combine said...

Ode to me. Me.

Why?

I was nice to your other poem.

My whole frigging blog is poetry right now.

I can provide a list of elements about me which are ode friendly.

Such as:

Golden locks

Rippling cheeks

Heroic journeys to the burrito shop.

Dreams in which the meaning of life is revealed.

and more...

Dawn said...

I don't want the ode, and perhaps this isn't the best time to say this as per your ass-kissing remark, but I am at work and bored and no time like the present: I love reading your blog! Just thought you should feel some love!

RSS Spirit Combine said...

i hate to say this, but Kate Lilac's hurtful comments should disqualify her from getting an ode.

Anonymous said...

ODe! memememememmem!

u know you want to.

Except maybe u dont.

but memememem