Sunday, June 11, 2006

The wheatgrass ripples in the wind like a pond. I revel in the fact that I'm the only one who notices and I listen carefully and squint as the sun peeks in and out of the clouds.

I collect places. One is nicely hidden off a trail in the city. A big tree by a river that is easy to climb, and a rock to sit on in the shade. In a place like this, you are unnoticed and unassuming. Just a part of the scenery. I am alone here as the world walks by.

Stand in the rain on purpose and wash clean the dirt of the city from your skin.

5 comments:

RSS Spirit Combine said...

I like that.

What about letting place go?

Anonymous said...

quite the poet...

nature sometimes provides a needed stark contrast to the 'concrete jungle' we live in.

RSS Spirit Combine said...

I like to stare at trees, Oak trees are my favorite, although I like them all. Whenever the city is too dirty at ground level, I stare up at the branches above if I can find some.

Miss.Emily said...

Lately I've realized that I feel more alive in nature. It's almost spiritual just sitting quietly and listening to the trees.

RSS Spirit Combine said...

Should we all move to a hippy commune in the hills and forget the ugly city for good? I am sitting in the suburbs right now staring at beautiful trees. But I love the dirty city. I have some cockamamie idea of getting involved in urban gardening something or other. I enjoy playing with dirt and watching stuff come out of the ground and taking credit for it.