Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hello Sunshine

This is the first time in a week and a half that I’ve had a minute to sit and write, and even now I’m being pushed for time. I have to keep reminding myself to breath air and eat food, because in the rush I forget to do both. I’m expecting soon I’ll drop dead, but before that happens I have some updates...

We’ve just moved! Our new apartment is perfect. Lots of space and we’re on the top floor so it’s quiet and there’s always a nice breeze coming through. The best part though, is that the whole dishwasher thing works wonders for the cleanliness of the kitchen. Load, unload. Load, unload. It’s so easy, woot! My room is so pretty it actually brings a tear to my eye every time I come home. It’s magical. I’ll post pictures as soon as blogger and the internet decide to stop being assholes.

My trip has been postponed and entirely changed. I’ll give you a moment to let the shock set in .................. Nothing was working in my favour (especially the fucking visa situation, do not get me started) so I decided the universe was telling me that now is not the time to go. Instead, my best friend and I (see “Ode to Amber”) are going to take three weeks at the end of the summer to travel around Europe. This way we get to see more, and I’m not by myself. Hopefully this trip will work out better. The fact that I don’t need a visa has it about ten thousand points ahead of the last one. But then it loses another ten thousand points because I’m going to have to cancel my beer date with the Jesus.

I got the African Lion Safari job, and am now a professional tour guide and bus driver. Whoever’s bright idea it was to put me behind the wheel of a bus carrying fifty innocent people through wild lions should be fired. I am now officially a danger to children and the elderly. And my uniform is amazing (note the sarcasm.) I think they took an exact replica of the crocodile hunter’s garb, except these shorts are about an inch higher on the waist and about an inch lower on the inseam. And I get to tuck in the shirt. Good times.

Yes, so I’ve been training for my new job, wrapping up my dance job, moving, unpacking, canceling UK plans, making new ones. Hopefully soon I’ll have time to sit and actually enjoy the summer and perhaps write more. A real post is to come shortly, my kittens. I have missed you.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Wow. If Jason actually succeeds in dragging me to the ole safari this summer, I promise not to point and laugh. Much.

Kiren said...

Oh, that sucks. That beer would have been delicious in your company. Next time. Europe will be fun, though, I did it 5 years ago. Best trip of my life.