Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You Give me Fever

Day six and counting with a fever of 101 degrees. My neck hurts. My kidneys hurt. My body hurts. I have zero appetite and have never been hungrier in my life. There are two computer screens fading in and out in front of me and I don't know if that's from the drugs or the headache. Perhaps both? I'm sweating and shivering simultaneously, which is quite confusing. Do I pile on the covers or sprawl out naked with the window open? I do not know. I want to do both.

When I dragged myself to the emergency room Saturday night (2:30am to be exact), I thought I had mono or some kind of infection, but alas. Influenza. No miracle drugs for the flu, just lots of Tylenol and fluids until the fever breaks. Serves me right for always laughing at people who get the flu shot.

GET YOUR DAMNED FLU SHOT!!

So now, day six and counting and the fever has not broke. I do not feel better and all I want to do is go back to work, make money and spend it at the bar. Learn from my misery, I beg you! Get your flu shot.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Jay said...

That sounds like flu-zilla or something. I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Like, yesterday.