Saturday, October 29, 2005

I Need to Dance

I need to dance, I'm going absolutely batty! I teach every Saturday and any minute I have the studio empty I use to my advantage, but it's not the same. I want someone to push me, to teach me, to make me sweat, to help me beat out stress with my body. It's unreal how intense dancing can get; I've cried on stage, I've bled and I've sweat. You feel totally satisfied and energized after a good class or a good performance, and I cant get that same exhilarated feeling anywhere else. It's like a drug. I'm addicted to the adrenaline from dancing, and am going through withdrawal. It's better than chocolate, it's better than sex. You can elicit any emotion you want from dancing; euphoria, depression, anger, frustration. It makes you feel elegant, sexy, intimidating, powerful, beautiful, vulnerable. I need to dance.

"Consider everyday lost in which you have not danced at least once."
-Nietzsche

No comments: