Saturday, September 30, 2006

No More Gaps

1) The apartment is back to its homeostasis, hoorah! I was really worried there for awhile, but I guess when the five of us are apart things just turn to shit. You need all five roomies to create the perfect equation. Things are good again, and the ora of the house is a much perkier shade these days.

2) The Dears are one of those extremely talented bands that are depressingly underrated. I know there are a million bands trying to make it, blah blah blah, but you can tell these musicians have put in the time and are still not appreciated they way they should be. I saw them live in Toronto this week and they have such chemistry together. They have a new kick ass album, check it out and help Canadian talent get the recognition it deserves.

3) Dear New Bronze Sketchers; I love you more than my other shoes, but don't tell. Love, Miss Emily.

4) I find it interesting how you can have an impression of someone for so long, and suddenly notice it's changed. Like one day you look at them with a completely different perspective and are witnessing your own opinions morph.

5) Why does September mean change? How is it so different from all the other months? Everything is changing and I'm just sitting still watching it spin around my head. It feels like I'm the only consistent thing in my life right now, which is not normal. I'm consistently inconsistent.

6) God made a huge mistake when he decided eating would be simpler and more pleasurable than working out. "But working out IS pleasurable!" you say? You're all liars. It hurts, especially when you're out of shape like soft ol' me. Running around the block is a lot less pleasurable than, say, eating ice cream with hot fudge and peanuts... and smarties. And maybe whipped cream on top if I went to the gym that day.

3 comments:

MsPatricia said...

Great blog.

And for #4, I couldn't agree more.

YourSecretLover said...

Number four is so true. I'm experiencing that a lot right now. But I don't think it's them that changes...I think it's you. You're seeing them in a way that you never did before.

Please, I'll eat whip cream even on days that I don't work out. I'd rather be ten pounds overweight and enjoy what I eat, than starve myself and be unhappy. Hear hear to more hot fudge sundaes!

YourSecretLover said...

oh, by the way, I must see these bronze sketchers. I must admit, I am intrigued.