Monday, September 18, 2006

One Boot Short

And fall is here with it's clean, cold smell of dead leaves and new beginnings. I still feel so attached to the summer and to my trip, like it's a mudpuddle I stepped out of too quickly. I'm still running but one boot short. A constant reminder of where I want to be. A part of me was left behind.

Fall means settling into routines, and looking ahead. No more living in the moment, because everything happens tomorrow, or the next day. Deadlines move fast and the days move slow, leaving me tired and weary.

I miss the moments. The minutes that make all this worth the effort. The stars, the hands, the kisses and the kindness. Where did the moments go? They disappeared with the warm weather. In the fall we just fill our time with routine and monotony. Pass the time. Pass the time.

Pass the time.

2 comments:

YourSecretLover said...

Fall doesn't have to be monotonous. The colours on the trees will be beautiful, just go for a walk. Don't let yourself settle into a routine if you don't want too!!! I love my routine (I'm a loser like that), but you gotta spice life up a bit too eh. If anybody can keep life interesting it's definitely you lovely.

Jay said...

I'd pass it but I don't have much to spare. Sorry, toots.