Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Narcissism

I am still alive, in case you were wondering. And I'm oh so close to being done my third year of this ass poundage they call university. Only one more essay to go, which is why I'm writing this blog. Because I shouldn't be.

After this damn essay is done I can focus on planning my two month hiatus to the UK. May 9th is the day I have set in my head for my departure, but of course no tickets have been purchased, I have no job there and no place to live. Yet. I really don't care, though. I think just going and flailing for a bit until I find my footing will be a good thing for me. That's why I decided to leave in the first place, after all. I need to get out of my comfort zone so I can rediscover why I've chosen this life, this school, this city to live in, etc. The whole "leaving everything so I can find it again" deal. Hopefully I can find myself over there too. I've been missing for some time now, and I'd like to get myself back.

On that note, it's funny that we can think we know ourselves. I find this funny because I rediscover new things about myself everyday. Things I've learned about myself just today;

1) I like string thongs better than normal thongs.
2) Sometimes I need to keep secrets from people. Even if it's something small, it always gives me a sense of power.
3) I miss old school Fischer Price toys.
4) I can't cook with other people in the kitchen. I need my space for my food.

And that's just today! Everyday something new emerges and I have my own personal revelation of self-discovery. Maybe I'm just a complex person, but there's always something new about myself I can learn. And there are things I've forgotten about myself that can be rediscovered over and over.

God, I'm narcissistic sometimes. But it's in our nature, isn't it.

5 comments:

Kiren said...

I forgot that you were planning on going to the UK. Well, I'm going to be in London from May 25th through the 29th visiting a friend. If you're going to be in London then, we should trade contact info and meet up for beers. It would be fun.

and keep on learning. it's a good thing.

Jay said...

It's good to keep learning about yourself. Your trip to the UK sounds cool; I love flying-from-the-seat-of-your-pants kinds of plans.

Kiren said...

when i meet Miss Lilac at Coachella, I'll let you know whether she's full of shit.

Miss.Emily said...

Ouch Jesus! That was harsh.

I would love to have a beer with you in jolly ol' London, but only after I get Miss. Lilac's approval of course.

Kiren said...

I know that was harsh. My apologies. We'll see how it goes down next week. And hopefully i'll be good enough for beers in London.