Saturday, April 15, 2006

He called me on it. No one has ever understood me before I understood myself, and it caught me off-guard.

"I think you're scared."
"I am. I really am scared." I had never thought of it that way before.

There always comes a point when the ball drops, so I've learned to anticipate it. The minute I let myself go just a little, everything falls to pieces and I'm hurting again. Not letting go has become my defense, even if it makes me miserable. I tell myself I'd rather be miserable this way than at the hands of someone else.

But look at me like that with those eyes again, and I might have to change my mind.

5 comments:

Jay said...

And won't that be scary too?
Yeah, I already know it will.

MsPatricia said...

Opening yourself up can be the scariest thing you'll ever do in life.

On the other hand, it can be the most exhilerating and worthwhile risk you ever take.

It was for me.

Anonymous said...

Circle....Triangle....Rectangle.... .................................................

Miss.Emily said...

Square? Way to subtilely insult me. Clever.

Anonymous said...

diamond?

hexagon?

quadrilateral?

rhombus? (it must be a rhombus)

My vote is that commenter is an ass. If you take the time to read her lovely blog, dont be a jerk, jerk. and if you are gonna be a jerk, then own it. don't skip around with some made up name.

I wish i was a rhombus.