Friday, October 20, 2006

And I'll fill your heart with the joy in my own. Don't worry brother, we'll float on alright together.

Why do I bother? Because it's in my nature to give the benefit of the doubt and I'm curious. Curious to see if everything will resolve itself and people will learn from their mistakes. Often they don't. We're not as smart as we think we are.

Because I like you. More than you like me, and that used to be enough but I'm not so sure anymore. Moving around in circles gets us nowhere, and I'm getting dizzy.

I've lost my rhythm. I can't hear the down beat in my own song.

2 comments:

YourSecretLover said...

hmmm, I have a feeling that this post and the last post are related. If some boy is messing around with you emotionally...kick his ass. You can only trust people so much until they don't deserve it anymore and then, sometimes, you have to let them go.

Jay said...

I like the benefit of the doubt. I like your generosity. I just cannot help but hope that you take care of yourself, too.