Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This Post is a Self-Indulgent Piece of Crap

I went to Cuba and you didn't. I pity you right now, I really do. Poor you. Highlights of the trip include:

- Rum Punch, also lovingly called "Ron Ponche." Don't know why.

- Salsa dancing until I could no longer feel my feet. Yes that's me, I have long hair.



- Sun. Which resulted in a tan.

- Sand, which was found in places I didn't even know I had places.

- No sex. Which means no Cuban babies.

- Lots of ruckus and destruction of private property and disturbing the lovely elderly couples that go to Cuba for a nice quiet vacation.

- Feeling like an adult surrounded by six-year-old who've had chocolate for breakfast and lunch and caffeine for dinner.

- Catamaran adventures and hermit crabs.

- Meeting several fling-worthy boys who coincidentally all had girlfriends. They should wear signs or something.

-Pina Coladas at 9:30am.

- Jellyfish near-death experiences.

- Learning the two most important phrases in Spanish, "Una vino blanco, por favor" and "Fiki fiki a la playa."


- Unpasteurized cheese.

- Developing a taste for seafood. Seafood that still has a face after its been cooked.

- Non-snow.

- Fourteen hour flight delays.



- ParaĆ­so.

4 comments:

YourSecretLover said...

I am so super jealous of your vacation. I've been looking at pics on facebook and it looks like you guys had a fabulous time!

tune.she.hums said...

I miss Cuba. And you. And you and me in Cuba!! Date soontime. :) P.S. This tan is never allowed to leave my body. Where can we get decent pina colodas around here?! I heart you a LOT. Don't forget to add your fantabulous roomates to that list darling!! ;) xoxo

Jenna <3 said...

I want to go! Let's go! orrrrr...you could come to Toronto???? huh huh??? I bet you'd have just as much fun... .... ... okay~almost as much fun; but we could go salsa dancing, make pina coladas, go tanning (not that you'll need it, but you can mock me while I get a fake tan, harrass old people/laugh at young people (ryerson has a daycare)and you could be gogled at by men...maybe even old men..lol KIDDING :) and we can eat eat eat!...and of course drink red wine, because after all, we are civilized. But back to eating...i love eating. Maybe Greek again? Betcha they didn't have that in Cuba...or maybe they have the best greek food ever...but anyways, you're missing the point. THE POINT IS...you're there and you should be here...soon.
~much to much love~ :)

Jay said...

That looks like great fun. I'm jealous you got to go with all your girlfriends. We keep trying to organize something like that, but we suck, so I always end up vacationing with my dumb husband. We went to Mexico this year, not Cuba. I may never go to Cuba because of what happened to my mother while she was there...glad your trip went so well though, despite the delay.