Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fly Straight


Even though sometimes it will be hard, and even when you wonder why nobody cares, you will have something. Your experiences, the people you've met and the things you've done. I went to Edinburgh and lived for six months. Got a job, made friends, travelled. I went to Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Ireland all by myself and made memories. No one else on this earth has what I have. No one shares my memories with me. The memories of my experiences are mine and mine alone and I will carry them with me forever.

So when you wonder why nobody cares, it's because they will never ever understand. They weren't there. It means nothing to them. The only person it matters to is you, and that makes it special.

This point in my life is an interim step. I feel in between chapters, and so I've become nostalgic about last year. Last year was action packed and full of newness and change. September will mean that again, but for now I am enjoying the pause. A few months of taking a deep, deep breath and enjoying everything around me. Smelling the roses if you will. The action will start again, I'm just waiting.

Waiting and smiling.

1 comment:

~Kelly~ said...

I'm glad you are back.